Heat pump won’t start? Is your heating or cooling running constantly? Is your heat pump making strange noises or emitting unusual smells? These may be signs your heat pump needs repairs. The heat pump repair company in Frederick, MD recommended by homeowners is Wenbrooke Services.
- We fix heat pumps (and replace them if they’re beyond repair)
- We provide routine heat pump maintenance services
- We do it all with honesty and respect
We’d love to answer your questions – give us a call at (240) 394-1500.
The Most Common Heat Pump Problems
If you’re frustrated by a failing heat pump, you’re not alone: While most heat pumps are reliable, aging systems are vulnerable to wear and tear. Inadequate maintenance also contributes to heat pump failure.
Here are some of the most common heat pump repairs we perform in Frederick:
- Heat pump is freezing up
- Heat pump is blowing cold air during heating season
- Heat pump is blowing warm air during cooling season
- Heat pump keeps tripping the circuit breaker
- Heat pump is short-cycling (turning on and off repeatedly)
- Heat pump won’t turn on
- Heat pump is making loud noises
- Heat pump is emitting unpleasant smells
- Heat pump won’t stop running
If you’re experiencing these or other heat pump problems and you live within 20-25 miles of Frederick, Maryland, call us to schedule a heat pump inspection and get a repair estimate.
Should You Replace or Repair an Aging or Broken Heat Pump?
Replacing a heat pump is an expense most Frederick homeowners wish to avoid, and if we can help you avoid a replacement, we will. Making simple heat pump repairs early – before the problem worsens – is the best thing you can do to prevent a catastrophic heat pump failure.
Still, it’s sometimes better to replace a heat pump than to keep investing in repairs. Here are some signs you may need to install a new heat pump:
- Your heat pump needs repairs every year or more than once a year.
- Your heat pump is running constantly.
- The air temperature in your home never feels comfortable.
- Your utility bills are going up and up.
- Your home always feels too humid or too dry.
- Your pump is making strange noises or emitting strange smells.
Need a professional recommendation? Our technicians can perform a detailed inspection and give you an honest assessment of whether repairs or replacement makes sense.
Heat Pump Tune-Ups – Maintenance Checklist
Routine maintenance is the best way to extend the life of your heat pump. Here’s a checklist of heat pump maintenance items to keep your system operating effectively:
- Check for refrigerant leaks/replace refrigerant
- Clean ducts, filters, blower, and indoor coil
- Repair duct leaks, if necessary
- Confirm adequate airflow to the heat pump
- Correct refrigerant charge
- Inspect electric terminals
- Clean and tighten electric connections
- Lubricate motors
- Inspect belts for tightness and wear
- Inspect the condenser base-pan drain and remove debris
- Confirm thermostat is working properly
Why Choose Wenbrooke Services?
Wenbrooke Services is built around four core values: Honesty, Loyalty, Craftsmanship, and Quality. We strive to be better at our craft every day and to complete every task with excellence. We are a family-owned company that enjoys serving the community.
- We care about you as a customer.
- We strive to focus on quality and craftsmanship during every service appointment.
- We will always offer a customized approach to provide the right product for your needs and budget.
Honesty and respect are the foundations on which our company is built, and we stand by our service. We’d be honored to be your preferred heating, cooling, and electrical company.
- How much does it cost to fix a heat pump?
- Why is my heat pump freezing up?
- Why does my heat pump keep turning on and off?
- Why won’t my heat pump turn on?
- Why is my heat pump blowing cold air?
- Why is my heat pump blowing hot air?