AC Blower Motor Not Working
A failing HVAC system is the last thing you want in the middle of long hot summer days or freezing cold winter nights. If your system isn’t providing adequate cooling or heating for your Frederick, MD home, you might have a broken blower motor. An essential part of your air conditioning and heating system, the blower motor blows warm or cool air through your home’s vents. A broken blower motor should be fixed as soon as possible so your system operates as it should.
Wenbrooke Services offers Frederick, MD homeowners repair and replacement services for HVAC equipment and parts, including blower motors. Our qualified technicians can quickly diagnose if your blower motor is broken and do what’s needed to get your HVAC system running like new.
Signs a Blower Motor Might be Broken
The top five signs your blower motor might need to be replaced include:
- The airflow from the vents is weak. This happens when the blower motor is having difficulty pushing enough air through the ducts to achieve your desired indoor temperature.
- There’s no airflow. This usually means the unit is completely inoperable. A qualified technician can inspect the motor to make sure the lack of airflow isn’t due to another issue like a bad relay, faulty thermostat, or fan control problem.
- Higher-than-normal energy bills can occur when the blower motor must work harder to circulate air throughout your home properly.
- Strange sounds like squealing or screeching might indicate a damaged blower motor belt. Loud banging sounds are particularly worrisome, as they’re a sign something is severely damaged.
- Blower motors sometimes overheat from the dirt and grime that accumulates around them. Burning smells coming from the vent are a clear sign this is the problem, as well as the system shutting itself down.
Blower motors typically last anywhere from 10 to 20 years. If your blower motor is reaching the end of its service life, you should consider replacing it.
Can a Blower Motor Be Repaired?
Sometimes the problem with a blower motor is dirt and dust buildup. There might also be a bad capacitor. In these cases, an HVAC technician can usually fix the problem without replacing the entire motor.
Why Choose Wenbrooke Services for HVAC Blower Motor Repair
People sometimes ask if repairing or replacing a blower motor is a DIY job. Or if they’re better off just getting a new furnace or air conditioner. Here’s what we tell them.
Not all blower motors are alike, and knowing how to troubleshoot and diagnose problems with older and newer models is an essential skill for HVAC technicians. Unless you have the in-depth knowledge it takes to work on this type of equipment, it’s best to leave it to a professional. As to whether you should replace your furnace or air conditioner, we can inspect your system and let you know if, based on the unit’s age and condition, that’s a more cost-effective solution.
Since 2015, Wenbrooke Services has provided Frederick, MD area homeowners with the repair, replacement, and installation services they need, including for blower motors. If you notice any of the above signs, call Wenbrooke Services today at 240-500-0311 to schedule a consultation. You can also contact us online.
in the Business
HVAC and electrical systems are more than the sum of their parts; they’re complex arrangements in which each component depends on the rest. They require careful work, superb craftsmanship, and up-to-date knowledge. At Wenbrooke Services, we pride ourselves on our attention to detail and our personal approach to customer care, so you’ll be satisfied with our work ― we guarantee it.
in the Business
At Wenbrooke Services, we pride ourselves on our attention to detail and our personal approach to customer care, so you’ll be satisfied with our work ― we guarantee it.